Movietech Camera Rentals Limited
This privacy statement relates to our website, any subdomain or any such related website and/or mobile application for such website. It also applies to anyone who submits their data to us or registers with us to receive further information.
Please read this Policy carefully as it contains important information about how we may use your Information. In certain circumstances you will be required to indicate your consent to the processing of your Information as set out in this Policy when you first submit such information to, or through our Website. For further information about consent see clause 7 below.
We may update this Policy from time to time. This Policy was last updated on 20th October 2019.
The terms “Movietech” or “us” or “we” refer to Movietech Camera Rentals Limited which is a company registered in England and Wales under company number No. 2614734 whose registered office is at 5 Elstree Gate, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire WD6 1JD. The term “you” refers to the individual accessing and/or submitting Information to the Website or otherwise providing information to us.
Information may have been collected from you by any Movietech group company but is transferred and held by us in accordance with this Policy.
We, as the Data Controller, can be contacted via email on email@example.com or telephone: +44 (0) 1753 650007.
Data we collect
When you use the Movietech website and/or when you otherwise deal with us we may collect certain information about you (‘personal data’).
The personal data we may collect from you includes:
- personal information including title, first and last name;
- contact information including current address, email address and/or phone number;
- technical information including IP address, operating system, browser type and related information regarding the device you used to visit the Website, the length of your visit and your interactions with the Website;
- information obtained through our correspondence and monitoring; and
- details of any enquiries made by you through the Website and any offline channels, together with details relating to subsequent correspondence (if applicable).
We may use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use movietech.co.uk. This includes IP addresses. The data is anonymised before being used for analytics processing.
Google Analytics anonymised information includes:
- pages you visit on movietech.co.uk
- how long you spend on each movietech.co.uk. webpage
- how you arrived at the site
- your click history whilst visiting the site
We do not store personal information through Google Analytics and take steps to ensure that this information is not used, or combined with other datasets, to identify who you are.
Information we collect automatically
Certain information may be collected automatically when using our websites, such as IP address and device type. We also collect information that tells us how you have navigated through our website, including which links you access and the pages you view. This information allows us to better understand how you use our services so we might continue to improve our services.
Why we need your data
We may collect information, including via Google Analytics, to see how you use our site. We do this to help:
- make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements, for example improving site search
We may also collect data in order to:
- gather feedback to improve our services
- respond to feedback you send us
- send email alerts to users who request them
- provide you with information about our services
- monitor use of the site to identify possible security threats
Our legal basis for processing your data
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of movietech.co.uk. The legal basis for processing anonymised data for Google Analytics is your consent.
Our legal basis for processing your Information is set out in the table below:
|Why we will process your Information||The legal basis for which is…|
|to provide services to you in accordance with any communication that you have registered with us relating to a product or service. These services may include but are not limited to rental/sales support, version updates, advice or repair of products.||this is necessary for the performance of the contract between us and Information is processed to enable us to provide services to our users.|
|to conduct questionnaires, surveys and research into customer satisfaction.||subject to your rights in paragraph 15 below, this is done in accordance with our legitimate interests of providing services and products to you and ensuring that we continue to monitor and improve those services and products.|
|to operate, administer, maintain, provide, analyse and improve the Website and the services available through the Website.||this is necessary for the performance of the contract between us and Information is processed to enable us provide services to our users.|
|to investigate and address any comments, queries or complaints made by you regarding the Website or any of our products or services, and any similar or related comments, queries or complaints from other users.||this is necessary for the performance of the contract between us and Information is processed to enable us provide services to our users.|
|to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.||this is necessary for the performance of the contract between us and Information is processed to enable us provide services to our users.|
|to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website, including inputting information and providing feedback.|
|to notify you about changes to the Website or any product warranty.|
|to disclose your information to selected third parties as permitted by this Policy (see clause 10 below).||this is subject to your continued consent.|
|to contact you for marketing purposes (see ‘Marketing and opting out’ in clause 8 below).||we send out marketing communications based on our legitimate interests of providing a professional services business. The method of communication may vary as set out below:
• we may send you information via post;
• we will only contact you via your personal email address or text message if:
(i) you have given your consent (see ‘Marketing and opting out’ in clause 8 below);or
(ii) you have previously bought goods and services from us and we are contacting you to let you know about similar goods and services that we offer (see ‘Marketing and opting out’ in clause 8 below).
You have the right at any time to let us know that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us.
|where required by (but not limited to) any request or order from law enforcement agencies and/or HMRC in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.||this is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.|
How we share your data
The data we collect may be shared with other Movietech group companies. It may also be shared with our technology suppliers, for example our hosting provider.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
- use your data in analytics
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
We will keep your email data until you unsubscribe. We will keep your feedback data for up to 2 years. We will delete access log data after 30 days.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption. We also make sure that any third parties we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your Information, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any Information that is transferred from you or to you via the internet.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
- If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Privacy Team.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your Information (including Personal Data):
- to other companies within our group of companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006), including those which may be located outside of the EEA;
- to our business partners, service providers or third-party contractors to enable them to undertake services for us and/or on our behalf (and we will ensure they have appropriate measures in place to protect your Information);
- to any prospective buyer or seller (and their representatives) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, including (but not limited to) any request or order from law enforcement agencies and/or HMRC in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity; and
- to other third parties if you have specifically consented to us doing so.
- Regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or in order to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where it is possible and appropriate to do so, we will notify you of this disclosure.
Marketing and opting out
Where you have previously ordered products or services from us we may contact you by telephone and email and post about similar or related products, services, promotions and special offers that may be of interest to you. We will inform you (during the sale process) if we intend to use your data for such purposes and give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such information from us.
In addition, and if you have given permission, we may also contact you by telephone and email about our other products, services, promotions and special offers that may be of interest to you. We will inform you (before collecting your data) and seek your permission if we intend to use your data for such additional marketing purposes. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, or you no longer wish to receive them, you can opt out at any time (see below).
If you have given permission, we may share your personal data with carefully selected third party organisations and business partners and they may contact you directly (unless you have asked them not to do so) by mail, telephone and email about products, services, promotions and special offers that may be of interest to you. We will inform you (before collecting your data) and seek your permission if we intend to disclose your data to third parties for such purposes. If you prefer not to receive direct marketing communications from our business partners, or you no longer wish to receive them, you can opt out at any time (see below).
You have the right at any time to ask us, or any third party, to stop processing your information for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the relevant third party using their given contact details, giving us or them enough information to identify you and deal with your request. Alternatively, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions in emails you receive from us or them.
We treat your personal data in accordance with our obligations under the GPDR.
All data repositories that we use are secured using appropriate up to date technical safeguards.
Cookies and related software
Our software may issue ‘cookies’ (small text files) when you access and use our website. You will be asked to consent to this at the time (e.g. when you first visit our website). Cookies do not affect your privacy and security since a cookie cannot read data off your system or read cookie files created by other sites.
You may set your system to not accept cookies (for example by changing your browser settings so cookies are not accepted), however please note that some of our website features may not function if you remove cookies from your system.
For further general information about cookies please visit www.aboutcookies.org
In order to deliver the best advertising to customers, we may use behavioural targeting advertising services provided by the following companies using cookies. If you want to disable this service, access the company’s page provided below and follow the instructions.
- Google, Inc.
You can opt-out from the following site: https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads
- Facebook, Inc.
You can opt-out from the following site: https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences
Links to external websites
Contact us or make a complaint
Please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you have a question about anything in this privacy notice or think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled.
Movietech Data Protection Officer
Pinewood Studios, Pinewood Rd, Iver Heath, Iver SL0 0NH
Telephone: 01753 650007
You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House , Water Lane, Wilmslow , Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Changes to this policy
Last updated 20th October 2019